Updated: Aug 23, 2021
The holidays are right around the corner and is a special time for families to spend quality time together. It is also a time you might see some changes in your senior parents especially if you don't live nearby. Here are some signs to look for when you visit this holiday season:
- Increased falls or concern about the risk of falling.
- General confusion, disorientation in time or place.
- Frequent medication mistakes, wrong dosage or forgetting.
- Wandering from home despite preventions put into place.
- Unintended change in weight. Not eating or drinking regularly.
- An unsafe or unclean home environment.
- Unsafe behavior- leaving stove or appliances on or exterior doors left open.
- Neglecting or changes in personal hygiene.
- Asking the same question over and over.
- Need for nighttime supervision that can't be met by in-home caregiver.
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings.
- Losing touch with friends and lack of socialization.
- Becoming paranoid of others or accusing others for missing items.
- Difficulty maintaining finances- unpaid bills, unopened mail.
- Challenges with pet care.
If you suspect an older relative needs help please feel free to call and speak to one of our experienced family care advisors! Our services are FREE! 904-234-4821